Articles

REPUBLICAN SCIENTIFIC-MEDICAL LIBRARY TEACHING CENTER RENOVATED WITH THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT OF MR. AND MRS. YACOUBIAN

On May 13th, AGBU Board of Trustees member Karnig Yacoubian, together with his wife Ani Yacoubian, visited the Republican Scientific-Medical Library of the RA Health Ministry to participate in the opening of the library’s teaching center renovated with their financial support. As part of the “Electronic Medical Library” project the Open Society Institute had already provided substantial financial assistance to the Scientific-Medical Library for the purchase of furniture, equipment, as well as for the preparation and launch of the library website. Mr. and Mrs. Yacoubian had generously taken the responsibility of financing the renovation of the teaching center including renovation and painting of the walls, changing of windows and doors, and purchase of window blinds and carpeting.

In her speech Director of the Library Anna Shirinyan thanked the benefactors and handed in a special letter of gratitude to Mr. and Mrs. Yacoubian for their contribution in the renovation of the library teaching center. The Republican Scientific-Medical Library of the RA Health Ministry was established in 1939.