ARTSAKH CHAMBER ORCHESTRA IS FIVE YEARS OLD

On October 16, at 19:00 pm, a concert dedicated to the fifth anniversary of the establishment of Artsakh Chamber Orchestra took place at the Stepanakert culture palace. The hall was full as always. Guests from Armenia also came to participate in the concert. During the jubilee concert the orchestra performed the works of Handel, Aram Khachatrian, Rossini, Verdi, Sayat Nova, Arno Babajanian, and Piazzolla. The concert was followed by a reception attended by NKR Culture Minister Narine Aghabalian, the whole staff of the Artsakh Chamber Orchestra, musicians, cultural figures, guests.

SECOND YEAR OF AGBU “ANTRANIG” SCOUT CAMP

For the second consecutive year Armenian General Benevolent Union’s “Antranig” Scout Camp opened its doors in Armenia. “Antranig” scout camp is one of the several youth projects implemented by the Union in the Republic of Armenia. The opening ceremony took place on July 15 on AGBU’s private campsite in Lermontovo village of Lori region, Armenia.

AGBU NADJARIAN-GULBENKIAN SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ALEPPO WINNERS OF FIRST AND SECOND PRIZES IN PAN-ARMENIAN OLYMPIAD OF ARMENIAN LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE AND ARMENIAN STUDIES COMPETITION

The results of the pan-Armenian olympiad of Armenian language and literature as well as the Armenia studies competition were summed up at the Arno Babajanian concert hall on July 17. School teams from Syria, Iran, Artsakh and Armenia participated in the olympiad that started on July 10. The team from Syria won the first prize. 133 students from different schools and colleges of 12 countries participated in the competition. Among the participants were also students attending foreign schools.

AGBU SPONSORS A SERIES OF MASTER CLASSES FOR TV JOURNALISTS

With the support of the Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU) Artak Aleksanyan, Executive Producer of Armenia’s H1 Public Television news department and Managing Director of “Banadzev” LLC, held a series of master classes of TV journalism for beginners from June 18 to July 2. Alexanian is also the author of Public Television’s “Special Reportage” program and “European Formula” talk show. 15 students of journalism departments of various Armenian universities participated in the two-week master classes, the goal of which was to offer practical knowledge to the future TV journalists.

NUBARASHEN HAS A NEW BUILDING OF SPORTS AND CULTURAL CENTER

With the co-financing of Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU) and the World Bank the Armenian Social Investment Fund (ASIF) completed the construction and the interior works of the new building of sports and cultural center of Nubarashen district of Yerevan. As President of AGBU Mr. Berge Setrakian mentioned it’s an honor to see the opening of this beautiful new building in the district established by the founder of the Union. The construction of this center was discussed at a special council meeting established right after the 2005 election of self-governing bodies. In the first floor of the center there is a sports hall with cloakrooms. The hall for cultural events with a beautiful stage is in the second floor. 85 mln AMD has been spent on the interior and exterior works, windows and doors. 45% of that sum has been provided by the World Bank, while the other 55% by the AGBU covering also the mandatory 10% of the Nubarashen community.

 

Thank you for subscription